Thursday, November 19, 2009

Humble Human


WOW! Words cannot describe the feelings we experienced while visiting Dolphinaris in Cozumel. These animals are simply in a league of their own. Intelligent; majestic; powerful; gentle; graceful. The people at Dolphinaris take great care and pride in their work with the dolphins and use the facility to focus on education and understanding.

This is not a dog & pony show. The facility indeed uses engaging and entertaining techniques so that humans and dolphins can share these great moments together. But, believe me, no one can make a 450 lb brilliant animal do something it does not want to do. The interaction is respectful and intimate. And, for me, incredibly emotional. I have no shame in saying that I cried like a baby after my encounter. I was so humbled and thankful to have shared the same space and time with these wonders of nature.

As the song goes: "Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble..". Well, visit Dolphinaris in Cozumel and see how great humility can feel.

In this picture, Renuka shares an amazing moment with our new best friend, Electra.

No comments:

Post a Comment